Crawfish!! I found them in store and bought them for dinner. I have never cooked crawfish before. These ones I got was already precooked. But I am sure my following recipe would work with raw and fresh ones. It will just take longer to cook.
Crawfish- 1.5 lb
Garlic- 4-5 cloves
Ginger- 3-4 slices
Green onions- 3 full bunches
Oyster sauce- 4-6 spoons
Soy sauce- 2-3 spoons
Pinch of salt and sugar
And, a medium-sized pan!
1. Cut each garlic clove into halves, slice gingers, and cut green onions into 2 to 2 1/2 inch pieces. Then sauté all of them with pinch of salt and sugar with oil;
2. Once garlic, green onions and ginger get brown, add the crawfish in the pan until they defrost and heat up;
3. Pour oyster sauce and soy sauce on top of the crawfish; Stir well; (Optional: if you do like spicy food, you can add in jalapeños or red chili pepper, or even sprinkle some black pepper. )
4. Add in water that slightly covers the crawfish; Still use high heat until it boils and steams;
5. As it boils, turn down to medium and let it cook and absorb the sauce for 20-30 minutes;
It’d be awesome if you could cover it with a lid!
Lastly, prepare some paper towels and enjoy!
You can also top it with white sesame to serve.
This recipe is also good with shrimp and crabs! Give it a try, and you will like it!